To improve service and efficiency throughout the transit system, Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will be implementing route and schedule changes on Saturday, May 7. CHT makes changes to its schedules throughout the year in response to ridership trends, changing traffic patterns and growth in the area. The changes for May are as follows:
- CM, CW, D, J, NU and V Routes – Designated evening trips will be suspended for the summer.
- Weekend U and NU and Safe Rides – Will not operate over the summer.
- CL Route – The first a.m. trip will now begin at 6:53 a.m. at Europa Drive and Duck Pond (Sheraton Hotel) instead of East Franklin Street at the Coffee Shop and the last eastbound trip (to Colony Lake) will start at 5:50 p.m. at East Drive and Jackson Circle. Schedule times will also be adjusted to better reflect operating conditions.
- D Route – The first two a.m. eastbound trips will begin at Eastowne Drive and Old Sterling Road at 6:27 a.m. and 6:47 a.m. instead of starting at East Franklin at the Coffee Shop.
- J Route – The first two a.m. westbound trips will begin at Jones Ferry Road at Abby Court at 6:29 a.m. and 6:44 a.m. instead of starting on East Main at Jade Palace.
- NS Route – Schedule times will be adjusted to better reflect operating conditions.
- S Route – The trip starting from the NC 54 Park and Ride at 3:30 p.m. will instead begin at Manning Drive at UNC Hospitals at 3:47 p.m.
- N Route – Route detours and schedule changes will be implemented due to the Umstead Drive closure.
- A Route – Route detours and schedule changes will be implemented due to the Umstead Drive closure.
- Saturday JN – Route detours and schedule changes will be implemented due to the Umstead Drive closure.
- Saturday T – Route detours and schedule changes will be implemented due to the Umstead Drive closure.
- EZ Rider – Weekday services will end at 10:35 p.m., with the last scheduled pick-up window from 10:25 p.m. to 10:45 p.m., and on Sundays at 5:30 p.m. with the last scheduled pick-up window from 5:20 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
New schedules will be available on the website (www.chtransit.org) beginning Wednesday, April 27, and on buses Thursday, May 5.
For complete information about CHT services, schedules, route changes or directions to the nearest CHT stop, visit www.chtransit.org, email email@example.com or call a CHT customer service representative at 919-969-4900.
Triangle Transit routes will operate using the Saturday schedule on Friday, April 22nd. In observance of Earth Day, ALL Rides Are Free!
Routes in Operation
400: Durham-New Hope Commons-Chapel Hill
800: Chapel Hill-Southpoint-RTC
If you have any questions please contact the GoTriangle Regional Transit Information Center at 919-485-RIDE (7433).
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will operate Saturday services on Friday, April 22, 2011, in observance of the Good Friday holiday. The following Saturday routes will operate: CM, CW, D, FG, JN and T. The Saturday U and NU routes will not operate.
On Saturday, April 23, 2011, the U and NU routes will not operate. On Sunday, April 24, 2011, the U route will begin at 1:50 p.m. at the Carolina Coffee Shop and the NU route will begin at 1:45 p.m. at the PR lot.
EZ Rider services will end at 6:13 p.m. on Friday. The last scheduled pick-up window will be 6:03 p.m. – 6:23 p.m.
Safe Rides will operate as normal on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
CHT administrative offices will be closed and will reopen on Monday, April 25, 2011 at 8:30 a.m. The Regional Call Center will be open to provide schedule information from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Friday, April 22, 2011. Customers will be able to reach the call center by calling CHT’s customer service line at 919.969.4900 (press option 1).
CHT will return to regular service on Monday, April 25, 2011.
For more information, please visit chtransit.org or call a customer service representative at 919.969.4900.
Use anything but driving in a car alone to get to and from work just once before June 1, and you are a participant in the Smart Commute Challenge! Now, all you have to do is register for the Smart Commute Challenge! It is time for prizes, photo contests, challenges and an opportunity to join others in making our community a healthier place to work and play! Sign up for the Smart Commute Challenge today at www.smartcommutechallenge.org. Commit to using something besides driving your car alone just once between now and June 1, and you could win an iPad, gift cards, laptops and other wonderful prizes. All just for using transit, bicycle, rollerblades, carpool, or any other alternative form of transportation.