Code Orange Air Warning Likey to be in effect for next few days.
The N.C. Division of Air Quality meteorologists have issued a Code Orange forecast for Friday, June 29, 2012, for all forecast regions of North Carolina, including the Research Triangle Region, making it an Ozone Action Day (O.A.D.) This means the air quality will be unhealthy throughout most of the day.
Those most at risk: Children (ages 0-18) , Older adults, Anyone with asthma or respiratory disease, Anyone with heart disease
If you are a member of a sensitive group, limit prolonged outdoor exertion.
Read on to learn what you can do to protect your health on an O.A.D.
• Reduce how long or how strenuously you exert yourself outdoors and by planning outdoor activities when ozone levels are lower (usually in the early morning or evening).
• Limit daytime driving; take alternative transportation or telework, if your company offers it.
• If you do drive, don’t idle your engine. Park and go inside–it’s cooler there!
• Refuel your car or truck after dusk.
• Don’t “top off” your gas tank.
• Avoid congested periods; take advantage of flex time, if your company offers it. • Combine trips and share rides. Postpone using gasoline mowers.
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT)
CHT will not operate on Wednesday, July 4, 2012, in observance of the Independence Day holiday. CHT services will resume on Thursday, July 5, 2012.
For additional information, contact a customer service representative at 919.969.4900 (press 1) or email email@example.com
Regional bus, express, and shuttle routes will not operate on Wednesday, July 4, 2012 in observance of Independence Day. Our hours of operation and holiday calendar can be viewed at http://triangletransit.org/bus/hours/.
Riders with questions should contact the GoTriangle Regional Transit Information Center at 919-485-RIDE (7433)
Tomorrow is National Dump the Pump Day! Please take advantage of the transit system and P&R lots on your commutes in support of a national effort to clean the environment. The Southern Village P&R lot will have free goodies for commuters tomorrow afternoon beginning at 4:30 for their ride home!
On June 21, 2011 Chapel Hill will participate in National “Dump the Pump” Day! Please be a part of this event and use our transit system, to work, school, lunch, etc. on JUNE 21st! Free goodies will be available in select P&R lots. More info to follow on this exciting new event for the Town of Chapel Hill!
LOCALLY GROWN BIKE IN Continue reading