Chapel Hill Transit will make the following service schedule adjustments due to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill winter break schedule:
- The weekday A-Limited morning trips (7:14–9:44 a.m.) will not operate Monday, December 17, 2018, through Friday, January 4, 2019, and will resume on Monday, January 7, 2019.
- The weekday NU route will not operate Monday, December 17, 2018, through Friday, January 4, 2019, and will resume on Monday, January 7, 2019.
- The weekend U and NU routes will not operate beginning Saturday, December 15, 2018, and will resume on Sunday, January 6, 2019.
- Safe Ride routes will not operate beginning Thursday, December 13, 2018, and will resume on Thursday, January 10, 2019.
Safe Ride is a service funded by the UNC-Chapel Hill Student Government for the safety of students. For information on routes and schedules: http://www.townofchapelhill.org/town-hall/departments-services/transit/safe-ride-program
The Town of Chapel Hill is partnering with Starbucks Chapel Hill to encourage alternative transportation use to and from work in order to reduce traffic congestion while keeping the air and water clean!
How Can I Be Part of Go Chapel Hill Starbuck Live — Fast!?!
1. Easy! You x 3: Discover alternative transportation 3 times in the next 12 months and tell us!
Savings & Value: The average drive to work is 20 miles one way. Proven results show that for each mile not driven, one pound of carbon emissions is saved from going into the air! If you use alternative forms of transportation, just 3 times annually, and 30 others also leave their cars at home 3 times a year… this equals 1240 pounds of carbon emissions from entering the air that we breath! Just think of the savings if this occurs monthly?
What Counts: Walking, Bicycling, Skateboarding, Carpooling, Vanpooling, Transit and Telework!
Free Rewards! If you agree to leave your car at home at least 3 times in the next 12 months, there are endless possibilities for you regarding benefits. Immediately you can pick up a Starbucks Wooden Nickel for your efforts! Even bigger, you can earn points to receive gift cards to Triangle restaurants and businesses!
2. How To – “Starbucks Live!” — Click the following link to register and begin immediately the Feeling Great Friday’s program to enjoy better health, cleaner air, Go Perk rewards and pick up a Starbucks Wooden Nickel worth $4 for Chapel Hill stores!
Sign-Up for Free Starbucks & Other Rewards!
Check out this Go Chapel Hill video to find out the latest transportation happenings in the Town of Chapel Hill.
After the Walk to School Proclamation, Mayor Pam Hemminger was invited to attend Ephesus Elementary School’s Walk to School Day October 10th event where hundreds of students and parents walked and biked to school. Coordinated by Kristie Thompson, the day began for all students with many smiles and much laughter as the students prepared to begin their school day! Go Chapel Hill!
Chapel Hill Transit is a great (and smart) way to get out and about at NO CHARGE!!!
Anything you might need to ask or know can be found in the new 2018 Chapel Hill Transit Rider’s Guide. The guide includes routes, weekends, park and ride lots and HOW TO DO ANY OF IT!!! So easy and quick– check it out and share with friends because you never know when you might want or need to ride Chapel Hill Transit!
Chapel Hill Transit Rider Guide 2018