YMCA Bus Stop Closure
Due to construction and a lane closure on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) has temporarily closed the northbound bus stop at the YMCA until further notice. Passengers may board the buses at the temporary bus stop located beyond the entrance to the YMCA.
For additional information, call 919-969-4900 (press 1) or email email@example.com.
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will begin winter break service on Sunday, Dec. 18, 2011, through Sunday, Jan. 8, 2012. The weekday CM, CW, D, J, and NU routes will end earlier. The Safe Rides and the Saturday/Sunday U & NU routes will not operate.
EZ Rider services will end at 10:35 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Regular service will resume on Monday, Jan. 9, 2012. For specific schedule information, please visit www.chtransit.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call a customer service representative at 919.969.4900 (press 1).
And As Always: Using Alternative Transportation is a great way to keep the community green and ourselves healthier!
Go Chapel Hill Driving Less – Being Happy!
Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) passengers should expect schedule delays on the F route from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 5, and Wednesday, July 6, due to lane closures on Estes Drive near Franklin Street. Passengers should allow extra travel times during these days and times.
For more information, contact a customer service representative at 919-969-4900 or visit chtransit.org.
Effective August 15, 2011, Chapel Hill Transit will be implementing service adjusments. For the second year, CHT faces a budget shortfall of over $1 million dollars. CHT has to reduce its budget by $2.3 million, and has taken steps to close the shortfall, including utilizing reserve funds, implementing cost-savings initiatives, and making adjustments to fixed-route and EZ Rider services.
To ensure CHT services represent the most cost-effective use of CHT’s resources, the service adjustments are based on low ridership (routes and individual trips), alternative service available nearby, least impact to riders, and available capacity on vehicles.
Information on the service adjustments for FY12 is available on CHT’s website at www.chtransit.org. Printed schedules will be available on buses approximately one week prior to the service change.
Details of service adjustments are as follows:
Weekday Fixed Route Service
- Discontinue 5:38 p.m. trip from Piney Mountain Road at Timber Hollow and 6:02 p.m. trip from N Columbia Street and Rosemary Street to Weiner Street and Severin Street; discontinue 6:18 p.m. and 7:18 p.m. trips from Weiner Street and Severin Street.
- Discontinue service between Dixie Lane and Piney Mountain Road.
- Alternative routes include: N, NS, and T.
- Discontinue CCX Limited trips (departing CCX lot at 6:20, 6:50, 7:20, 7:50, and 8:20 a.m.; departing UNC Hospitals at 3:32, 4:02, 4:32, 5:02, and 5:32 p.m.) and reverse the loop around UNC Campus in the afternoon serving the Hospital area last before returning to the lot.
- Discontinue 5:45 a.m. trip from Carrboro Plaza Park-and-Ride and 6:01 a.m. trip from Pittsboro Street and State Employees Credit Union.
- Begin service at 6:15 a.m. at Carrboro Plaza Park-and-Ride.
- Alternative route: JFX.
- Discontinue 6:20 a.m. trip from Jones Ferry Park-and-Ride and 6:53 a.m. trip from N Columbia Street and Rosemary Street.
- Begin service at 7:20 a.m. at Jones Ferry Park-and-Ride.
- Alternative route: CM.
- Discontinue 6:30 a.m. round trip; begin service at 7:10 a.m. at Old Durham Road and Scarlett Drive.
- Discontinue 3:50 p.m. trip from S Columbia Street and Fraternity Court and 4:15 p.m. trip from Old Durham Road and Scarlett Drive to Downtown; begin service at 4:35 p.m. at S Columbia Street and Fraternity Court.
- End service at 6:48 p.m. at Sage Road and Dobbins.
- Alternative routes include: CL and D.
- Discontinue 6:20 a.m. trip from McDougle School and 6:50 a.m. trip from Fountain Ridge Road and Colony Woods Drive; begin service at 6:55 a.m. at McDougle School.
- Adjust schedule for trips after 3:15 p.m. from McDougle School to depart at 3:50, 4:50, 5:20, 5:50, and 6:50 p.m.
- Adjust schedule for trips after 1:00 p.m. from Colony Woods to depart at 1:50, 2:50, 3:50, 4:20, 4:50, 5:50, 6:50, and 7:50 p.m.
- Alternative route: D.
- Discontinue 9:40 a.m. and 9:50 a.m. trips from Friday Center Park-and-Ride and 9:53 a.m. and 10:03 a.m. trips from UNC Hospitals.
- Alternative routes include: HU, S, and V.
- Adjust frequency to 60 minute service from approximately 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Discontinue service between University Mall and Briarcliff (route will terminate at University Mall).
- Discontinue mid-day route service (9:45 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m., and 1:45 p.m. trips).
- Begin afternoon service at 2:45 p.m. at Morris Grove Elementary.
- Discontinue 7:50 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. trips from Hedrick Building and 8:09 a.m. and 8:48 a.m. trips from UNC Hospital.
- Discontinue 5:35 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. trips from Hedrick Building and 5:55 p.m. and 6:35 p.m. trips from UNC Hospital.
- Alternative routes include: FCX, S, and V.
- Discontinue 12:00 a.m. round trip; end service at 11:56 p.m.
- Discontinue 6:10 p.m. trip from Eubanks Road Park-and-Ride and 6:35 p.m. trip from Southern Village Park-and-Ride.
- Discontinue 6:30 a.m. round trip; begin service at 7:00 a.m. at Family Medicine Center.
- Alternative routes include: CM and N.
- Discontinue 6:15 a.m. trip and begin service at 6:50 a.m. at East Chapel Hill High School; discontinue 6:49 a.m. trip and begin service at Manning Drive at UNC Hospitals at 7:24 a.m.
- Discontinue 6:15 p.m. trip from East Chapel Hill High School and 6:49 p.m. trip from UNC Hospitals.
- Alternative route: NS.
- Discontinue 6:20 p.m., 8:10 p.m., and 9:30 p.m. trips from Southern Village Park-and-Ride.
- Discontinue 7:01 p.m. and 8:51 p.m. trips from W Barbee Chapel Road at Harris Teeter.
- End service at 8:06 p.m.
- Alternative routes include: FCX, HU, and S.
Saturday Fixed Route Service
CW Saturday Route:
- Discontinue 5:20 p.m. trip from Jones Ferry Park-and-Ride.
D Saturday Route:
- Begin service at Europa Drive at Duck Pond at 9:00 a.m.
FG Saturday Route:
- Begin service at Colony Woods at 8:50 a.m.; end PM service at Colony Woods at 4:55 p.m.
JN Saturday Route:
- Begin service at Rock Haven Road and Rock Creek at 9:40 a.m.
EZ Rider Paratransit Service
CHT will adjust the EZ Rider service area to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) mandated three-quarters of a mile beyond operating fixed routes for all eligible customers.
- Reduce Weekday EZ Rider service to within ¾ mi of Weekday fixed routes.
- Reduce Saturday EZ Rider service to within ¾ mi of Saturday fixed routes.
- Reduce Sunday EZ Rider service to within ¾ mi of U/NU routes (Sunday fixed routes) and implement a voucher program for ADA eligible customers.
Chapel Hill Transit will not operate during the July 4 holiday. Service will resume on July 5.