Go Chapel Hill has partners throughout the region. We work together on a common goal – helping people get about the region, without or with a car. At Go Chapel Hill, we call this “car-light.” We hope that you can find resources and alternatives to driving through us and our partners.
- Chapel Hill Transit provides free bus service throughout Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Hillsborough. Click on route info and schedules for more about service.
- UNC Chapel Hill – Commuter Alternatives Program (aka CAP) helps students and employees get to and from the UNC Chapel Hill location. More info is here about commute options.
- Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership works to bring the resources of the Town, University and downtown community together, see more about them at http://www.downtownchapelhill.com/
- GoSmart is like Go Chapel Hill, but on a Triangle scale. Find out more about how they connect the Triangle region at GoSmart website.
- GoTriangle is the region’s transit provider. Currently they provide bus service, including express buses, that connect Chapel Hill to Durham and Raleigh, as well as RDU, Southpoint Mall, and more. GoTriangle also manages the future light rail project, that will connect Chapel Hill and Durham. Find schedules and fare info and more here.
- TJCOG is the region’s Council of Governments to the state, addressing the tough issues that transcend political boundaries and includes the seven county area in the Triangle area. You can learn more about that “J” and the work they do at http://www.tjcog.org/
If you need more information, prefer calling and talking to a real person? You can contact Len Cone at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 969-5065.
Do you also want to help people be “car-light” ? Partner with Go Chapel Hill! Please contact Len. She would love to work with you.